Napa Valley Showhouse Sneak PeekSeptember 30, 2016
Fall is a busy time of year for everyone – especially the design world! Industry events are in full swing, and Davin Interiors is enjoying the nonstop fun and energy of the season.
With that being said, we are thrilled to officially announce our participation in the upcoming Traditional Home 5th Annual Napa Valley Showhouse. For our design, we are transforming the home’s main laundry room into a functional yet stylish space.
We tapped some inspiration for the project beforehand.
Photo Credit Décor Pad
Photo Credit The Decoist
And here’s a sneak peek of our design plans:
In keeping with our signature style of sophisticated spaces with flair, we’re going for a neutral color palette of washed oak, black stained wood, taupes and creams. The fabric inspiration is a two-tone modernized damask that brings a bit of feminine flair. We’re introducing a subtle edge to the sophistication with a brushed metal tassel trim, aged stone bricks which will be designed in a herringbone backsplash, and rustic warm grey cabinetry.
The layout of the laundry room, in particular the sink wall, will be conducive to a task-oriented space. Laundry rooms are, first and foremost, working rooms. They typically see a lot of foot traffic, and more often than not, they’re the last room in the home to be designed and decorated. We are excited to show the potential that such an otherwise mundane room can have when given a proper and purposeful design layout and a fresh, airy yet stylish look and feel.
In the spirit of beautiful and efficient laundry rooms, we’re sharing our 5 must-have laundry room design essentials!
- Storage solutions. You’ll want to stow away laundry detergent, accutane 40 mg online pharmacy stain removers, dryer sheets, cleaning supplies, and anything else that’s unpleasant to the eye but necessary in this space. It will also give you a nice, neat and tidy work area.
- Light, airy color palette. Doing laundry isn’t at the top of many people’s list of favorite things to do. Creating a space that feels just as fresh as the clean clothes it yields can make for a refreshing environment rather than a dark, looming one.
- Plenty of workspace. If you’re doing a total laundry room overhaul, make sure you factor in some workspace. Spreading out is a fantastic thing when you’re trying to fold the family’s whites or all of the towels at once.
- Good lighting. Not only will it make the space feel brighter, lighter and airier, it’s also a functional benefit. Being able to best see the stains you’re fighting certainly can’t hurt the process!
- A look you love. After all, a laundry room is a ROOM – so treat it just the same! Your laundry room should ultimately be an extension of the design of your home, and a reflection of your personal style. You should be proud of this space just as much as you are the rest of your home. Laundry rooms need love, too!
Stay tuned for our big Showhouse reveal! Better yet, come see the space for yourself: 1127 Orchard Ave. in Napa, Dec. 4 – Jan. 8 open Tuesdays through Sundays from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed Mondays, Dec. 24, 25, 31 and Jan. 1). Visit traditionalhome.com/napashowhouse for all the details.
Hope to see you there!